Cheap Electricity in Sydney
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Sydney with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
We can help you find cheap electricity in Sydney
Are you looking for the cheapest electricityin Sydney ? Our comparison service will find you cheap electricity*.* Compare & Connect does not do a comparison of all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Sydney (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to availability, commercial arrangements, eligibility or area . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect will be available to all customers as some electricity and gas special offers and plans are available only from Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For additional information about special offers available in Sydney (or any market) via Compare & Connect's contact centre, kindly get in contact with our customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in SydneyEach energy provider in Sydney is only able to supply energy to some regions, and therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you will vary depending on the location of your premises .
Switch to Get Cheaper Energy
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
It's time for you to do a comparison of electricity and gas providers and find yourself cheaper energy
- We've made it easy for you
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers prices.
- Join thousands of families and start saving
We have helped many families in Sydney save money on electricity, now it's your turn.
- Save yourself hours of research
10 minutes of your time might save you hundreds of dollars per year. .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers , you can click the button below, or you can speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, by calling 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers enabling you to compare electricity deals that are available in Sydney in one convenient place. We're proud of being one of Australia's leading platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and we continue to be based here, providing expert advice to help consumers in Sydney save on electricity bills.
- Expert Consultants:
We have a team of experts who knows the Sydney market inside out. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
Despite having close corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are a member of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our decision to voluntarily join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to presenting information to you with accuracy and fairness.
- Free Service:
Use our quality comparison and connection service for free! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any of the plans we offer. Instead, we'll receive a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
Changing Providers is So Easy
Perhaps you feel like changing electricity providers will be a hassle. It won't be! It's really simple. We do it all for you! We'll contact your current electricity provider to let them know that you are leaving, plus we sign you up with your new provider, so your transition is as smooth and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Sydney
Our vision is to bring a broad range of energy providers in one place, so that our customers have a wide range of options to choose from . To date we have successfully established relationships with these providers in Sydney : Please note available by giving us a phone call.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We are constantly striving to add more providers to this prestigious list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about what happens once you've completed the comparison process and you have made the decision you want to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Competition and Deregulation in Sydney
Ever since the late 1990s the Australia electricity market in has been undergoing a gradual process of deregulation. The first step of deregulation was to establish an intra-state electricity network that allowed electricity that is produced in one state to be delivered to a different state.
The next step, which occurred earlier in some states, was the dividing up of state owned electricity monopolies into several competing entities, then privatising them. In order to produce a greater level of competition the market was split into two types of entities
Distributors are responsible for the delivery of electricity to customers' premises . They own and maintain the poles and powerlines, but do not deal directly with customers.
The retailers have all the interactions with the customer. They sell the electricity and are responsible for billing. States have between one and three distributors but up to thirty retailers.
The Sydney market was completely deregulated in July 2014 . This meant that customers could now switch to another provider who had the cheapest electricity prices.
Electricity in Sydney is provided by the following three distributors
- Endeavour Energy
Tips to lower electricity consumption to save on your bills
Here are some easy to implement ways to reduce your electricity consumption
- Instead of turning on the heater, put on warmer clothing (booties, beanie, warm socks, jumper).
- Turn all appliances off at the power point when they're not in use.
- Eliminate draughts. Stop cold air or hot air entering or escaping via gaps under doors or around your windows by using gap seal tape and door snakes.
- A hot water bottle is a cheap alternative to an electric blanket.
- Avoid using the clothes dryer. Instead, hang clothes to dry outside or alternatively, use an indoor clothing rack.
- Prevent the sun over-heating your house by closing the blinds and curtains in the rooms where the sun shines in.
- Minimise air conditioning use by opening the windows during the night to let the cooler air in, and closing them each morning to keep hot air out.
- Close the doors to areas of your home that you don't use, so you only heat or cool a smaller area.
- Reduce your use of lights. Use natural light more often.