Compare Gas and Electricity Adelaide
Save time and effort by comparing a range of gas and electricity plans available in Adelaide with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Save on your electricity bill* Compare & Connect does not compare all energy providers or plans available in Adelaide (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to area, availability, eligibility or commercial arrangements . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all energy plans compared by Compare & Connect will be available to all customers as some energy special offers and plans are only available from Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The energy plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For more information on special offers available in Adelaide (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, please contact our customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect gas and electricity
Gas and Electricity Suppliers Compared in AdelaideEach energy provider in Adelaide is only able to sell energy in some regions, therefore , the number of gas and electricity providers that our gas and electricity comparison service compares for you will vary depending on the location of your premises .
Compare and Save
- Save yourself the effort
Our gas and electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers plans .
- Join thousands of households and start saving
We have helped many families in Adelaide save money on their gas and electricity, now it's your turn.
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
It's time to compare gas and electricity providers and see if you could switch to one who will charge you less for energy
- Save yourself hours of research
10 minutes of your time may save you hundreds of dollars every year. .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare gas and electricity suppliers process, you can click the button below, or you can speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, by calling 1300685001
Compare Gas and Electricity Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading gas and electricity providers so it's easy for you to compare gas and electricity deals that are available in Adelaide in one convenient place. We pride ourselves on being one of Australia's top platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
- Expert Consultants:
Our team of experts knows the Adelaide energy market back to front. So, you can be confident that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are proud to be a member of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). We decided to voluntary join this code of conduct because we are dedicated to presenting information to you with accuracy and fairness.
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and we continue to be based here, providing expert advice to help consumers in Adelaide stay on top of their gas and electricity bills.
Despite having close corporate relationships with many of Australia's top gas and electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
- Free Service:
You can use our quality comparison and connection service for free! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any of the plans that we offer. Instead, we get a commission from our gas and electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
Effortlessly Change Suppliers
Maybe you think that changing gas and electricity providers is going to be a hassle. It's definitely not! It's super simple. We take care of it all for you! We'll contact your current gas and electricity provider to inform them you're leaving, plus we also sign you up with your new provider, so your transition is as smooth and seamless as can be .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active gas and electricity providers in Adelaide
Our vision is to make available a broad range of energy providers in one place, to give our customers a wide range of options to choose from . To date we've successfully established relationships with these providers in Adelaide : Please note available by giving us a phone call.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We are constantly striving to add more and more providers to this our list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching gas and electricity providers
Here are some questions and answers about what happens once you've finished the comparison process and have made the decision to switch gas and electricity providers.
Electricity Market Competition in Adelaide
From the late 1990s the electricity market in Australia has been undergoing a deregulation process. The first step of deregulation was to establish an intra-state electricity grid which enabled electricity that was produced in one state to be delivered in other states.
The next step, which happened earlier in some states than others, was the dividing up of state owned electricity monopolies into several competing entities and then privatising them. In order to create a greater degree of competition the market was split into two types of entities
The distributors look after the delivery of electricity to customers' premises , and they own and maintain the poles and powerlines, and don't engage directly with customers.
The retailers are the ones who sell electricity to customers and are responsible for billing. States have between 1 and 3 distributors and up to 30 retailers.
In July 2013, the Adelaide electricity market was fully deregulated. This meant that customers could now change to a provider that had the cheapest electricity prices.
- SA Power Networks
SA Power Networks distributes electricity in South Australia
Tips for using less electricity and lower your bills
Here are some easy to implement ways for reducing your expenditure on electricity
- Turn off appliances at the power point when they're not in use.
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Wear warmer clothing, instead of turning on the heater (jumper, warm socks, beanie, booties).
- Eliminate draughts. Prevent hot or cold air getting in or out via gaps under doors or around your windows by using gap seal tape and door snakes.
- Use the clothes dryer less often. Dry your clothes outside or use an indoor clothes rack.
- Minimise air conditioning use by opening your windows in the evening let the cool air in, and closing them each morning thus keeping the hot air out.
- Close doors to rooms that aren't in use, so that you only have to cool or heat a smaller space.
- Prevent the hot sun from over-heating your house by closing the blinds and curtains in rooms that the hot sun shines directly into.
- Reduce your use of lights by making use of the available natural light. Turn the lights off when you leave the room.