Compare Electricity Brisbane
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Brisbane with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Save on your electricity bill* Compare & Connect does not compare all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Brisbane (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to commercial arrangements, availability, eligibility or area . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect will be available to all customers because some electricity and gas plans and special offers are only available via Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible states, postcodes and areas . For more information on special offers available in Brisbane (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, please get in contact with Compare & Connect's customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in BrisbaneEach energy provider in Brisbane can only supply energy to some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you varies depending on where you live .
Compare and Save
- Save time on research
10 minutes of your time might save you hundreds of dollars every year. .
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
So go ahead and compare electricity and gas providers and find one that will charge you less for energy
- Join thousands of families and start saving
We've helped many families in Brisbane save money with cheaper electricity, now it's your turn.
- We've made it simple for you
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers plans .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers , you can click the button below, or you can speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, by calling 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers making it easy for you to compare electricity deals that are available in Brisbane in one convenient place. We're proud of being one of Australia's leading platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
Even though we have corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we are impartial when presenting you with information .
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are proud members of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our decision to voluntarily join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to presenting information to you with accuracy and fairness.
- Expert Consultants:
We have a team of experts who know the Brisbane market inside out. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and continues to be based here, providing expert knowledge to help consumers in Brisbane save on electricity bills.
- Free Service:
Use our quality comparison and connection service for free! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any plans we offer you. Instead, we will receive a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
Effortless Switching Process Adelaide
You might be concerned that changing electricity providers is going to be a hassle. It's not! It's really easy. We take care of it all for you! We will notify your current electricity provider to tell them you're leaving, plus we also sign you up with the new provider, so your transition is as simple and seamless as can be .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Brisbane
Our vision is to make available all energy providers in one place, to provide our customers a wide range of options to choose from . So far, we've successfully established relationships with these providers in Brisbane : Please note available by phoning us.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We are constantly striving to add more providers to this list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about what happens once you've completed the comparison process and decided that you'd like to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation and Competition in Brisbane
Since the late 1990s the electricity market in Australia's Eastern and Southern states has been undergoing a process of deregulation. The first step of deregulation involved establishing an intra-state electricity grid that enabled electricity generated in one state to be delivered to a different state.
The next stage, which occurred sooner in some states than others, was the splitting up of state owned electricity monopolies into multiple competing entities and then privatising them. In order to promote a greater amount of competition the market was divided into two levels
The distributors manage the actual delivery of electricity to customers' premises . They own and maintain the poles and powerlines, and do not deal with customers.
The electricity retailers sell the electricity to the customers and manage the billing. States have from one to three distributors but up to 30 retailers.
The Brisbane market was completely deregulated in July 2016 . This enabled customers to change to the provider that offered the cheapest electricity prices.
One distributor supplies electricity to Brisbane
Energex distributes electricity to premises in an area covering about 25,000 square kilometres in South East Queensland, which stretches from the NSW border in the south to Gympie in the north. This includes Brisbane, the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Ipswich, Redlands, Logan and Moreton Bay.
Tips for reducing electricity consumption and lower your bills
Here is a list of easy to implement tips for reducing your usage of electricity
- Eliminate draughts. Prevent cold air or hot air getting in or getting out through the gaps under doors or around windows by using gap seal tape and door snakes.
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Turn off your appliances at the power point when you're not using them.
- Dress for the weather, instead of turning on the heater (warm socks, jumper, booties, beanie).
- Use your clothes dryer less. Instead, dry the clothes outside or use an indoor clothes rack.
- Reduce your use of lights by using natural light where possible. Turn lights off when there's no on in the room.
- Stop the sun from over-heating your home by closing the blinds and curtains in the rooms into which the hot sun directly shines in.
- Close the doors to areas of your home that you aren't using, so you just heat or cool a smaller space.
- Use less air conditioning by opening windows at night to allow the house cool down, then closing them in the morning thus keeping hot air out.