Compare Electricity Sydney
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Sydney with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Save on your electricity bill* Compare & Connect does not compare all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Sydney (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to area, availability, eligibility or commercial arrangements . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect will be available to all customers due to the fact that some electricity and gas special offers and plans are available only through Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For more information on special offers available in Sydney (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, please contact our customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in SydneyEach energy provider in Sydney only operates in some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you will vary depending on the location of your premises .
Compare and Save
- We've saved you a lot of work
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers plans .
- Join thousands of families who are now saving
We have helped many families in Sydney save money on their electricity bills, now it's your turn.
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
It's time for you to compare electricity and gas providers and find yourself cheaper energy
- Save yourself hours of research
10 minutes of your time might save you hundreds of dollars per year. .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers , you can either click the button below, or you can speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, by calling 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers enabling you to compare electricity deals that are available in Sydney in one convenient place. We pride ourselves on being one of Australia's leading platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
- Expert Consultants:
Our team of experts knows the energy Sydney energy market back to front. Therefore, you can have confidence that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are a member of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our decision to voluntarily join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to fairness and accuracy when presenting information to you.
- Free Service:
Our quality comparison and connection service is free to use! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any of the plans that we offer to you. Instead, we earn a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and we continue to be based here, providing expert advice to help consumers in Sydney save on electricity bills.
Despite having close corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
Changing Providers is So Easy
Maybe you think that changing electricity providers will be a hassle. It's definitely not! It's really simple. We do it all for you! We'll contact your current electricity provider to inform them you're leaving, plus we sign you up with your new provider, so your transition is as easy and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Sydney
Our vision is to bring a broad range of energy providers in one place, to give our customers a wide range of options to choose from . At this moment we have established relationships with following providers in Sydney : Please note that some of our energy providers are available via our website interface and some are available by giving us a phone call.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We are constantly striving to add more and more providers to this list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
This section contains questions and answers about what happens after you've completed the comparison process and have made the decision to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation and Competition in Sydney
From the late 1990s the electricity market in Australia has been undergoing a deregulation process. The first step of deregulation was the establishing of an intra-state electricity network which enabled electricity that was produced in one state to be delivered in another state.
The next step, which happened earlier in some states than others, was the dividing up of state owned electricity monopolies into competing entities, then privatising them. In order to create a greater degree of competition the market was separated into two types of entities
The distributors look after the delivery of electricity to customers' premises , and they own and maintain the poles and powerlines, and do not deal with customers.
The retailers are the ones who sell electricity to customers and are responsible for billing. States have from 1 to 3 distributors but up to thirty retailers.
The electricity market in Sydney was fully deregulated in July 2014 . This meant that customers could, for the first time, switch to a provider that had the cheapest electricity prices.
Electricity in Sydney is supplied by three distributors
- Endeavour Energy
Tips for reducing your electricity consumption to save money
Here are a few easily implemented ways to reduce household expenditure on electricity
- Turn off appliances at the power point when they're not in use.
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Reduce use of your clothes dryer. Dry your clothes outside or use an indoor clothes rack.
- Rather than turn on the heater, wear clothing that's appropriate for cold weather (jumper, warm socks, beanie, booties).
- Eliminate draughts. Prevent hot or cold air getting in or out through gaps under doors and around your windows by using gap seal tape and door snakes.
- Minimise air conditioning use by opening your windows in the evening let the cool air in, and then closing them each morning to keep hot air out.
- Close the doors of rooms that you aren't using, so that you only have to cool or heat a smaller space.
- Prevent the hot sun from over-heating your house by closing the blinds and curtains in rooms that are exposed to the heat of direct sunlight.
- Reduce your use of lights. Use natural lighting where possible.