Cheap Electricity in Melbourne
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Melbourne with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
We can help you find cheap electricity in Melbourne
Are you looking for the cheapest electricityin Melbourne ? Our comparison service will find you cheap electricity*.* Compare & Connect does not do a comparison of all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Melbourne (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to availability, commercial arrangements, area or eligibility . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect will be available to all customers as some electricity and gas special offers and plans are available only from Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For additional information about special offers available in Melbourne (or any market) via Compare & Connect's contact centre, please contact Compare & Connect's customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in melbourneEach energy provider in melbourne can only supply energy to some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you will vary depending on the location of your premises .
Switch to Get Cheaper Energy
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
Now is the time to do a comparison of electricity and gas providers and start enjoying cheaper energy
- We've made it simple for you
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers prices.
- Save yourself hours of research
10 minutes of your time could save you hundreds of dollars each year. .
- Join thousands of households are now saving
We have helped many families in melbourne save money with cheaper electricity, now it's your turn.
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers process, just click the button below, or speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, by calling 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers making it possible for you to compare electricity deals that are available in melbourne in one convenient place. We are proud to be one of Australia's top platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and we continue to be based here, providing expert advice to help consumers in Melbourne save on electricity bills.
Despite having close corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
- Free Service:
You can use our comparison and connection service for free! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any plans we offer you. Instead, we will receive a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
Compare & Connect are proud to be members of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). We voluntarily decided to join the ECC because of our dedication to fairness and accuracy when presenting information to you
- Expert Consultants:
We have a team of experts who know the Melbourne energy market inside out. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the best place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
Changing is So Easy
Perhaps you think that changing electricity providers will be a hassle. It won't be! It's super simple. We do it all for you! We'll contact your current electricity provider to let them know you are leaving, plus we also sign you up with the new provider, so your transition is as smooth and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Melbourne
Our vision is to bring the full range of energy providers under a single roof, so that our customers have a wide range of options to choose from . So far, we've established relationships with these providers in Melbourne : Please note available by giving us a phone call.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We are constantly striving to add more providers to this prestigious list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about what happens after you have finished the comparison process and you have made the decision that want to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Competition and Deregulation in Melbourne
Ever since the late 1990s the Australia electricity market in has been undergoing a gradual deregulation process. The first step of deregulation was to establish an intra-state electricity network that allowed electricity produced in one state to be delivered to a different state.
The next step, which happened earlier in some states, was the dividing up of state owned electricity monopolies into several competing entities, then privatising them. In order to produce greater competition the market was split into two types of entities
Distributors look after the delivery of electricity to customers' premises . They own and maintain the poles and powerlines, but do not deal directly with customers.
The retailers do all the interacting with the customer. They sell the electricity and are responsible for billing. States have between one and three distributors but up to thirty retailers.
Melbourne 's electricity market was fully deregulated in July 2008 . This meant that customers could now switch to another provider that had the cheapest electricity prices.
Electricity in Victoria is provided by the following distributors
Jemena provides electricity to the south-western and northern suburbs of Melbourne.
- Ausnet Services
AusNet Services provides electricity to eastern Victoria and to the outer northern & eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
Citipower supplies electricity in Melbourne City and inner suburbs.
- Powercor Australia
Powercor provides electricity in the western suburbs of Melbourne and western Victoria.
- United Energy Distribution
United Energy supplies electricity in the southern suburbs of Melbourne and to the Mornington Peninsula.
Tips to lower electricity consumption to save on your bills
Here are some easy to implement ways to reduce your usage of electricity
- Instead of turning on the heater, put on warmer clothing (booties, jumper, warm socks, beanie).
- Minimise draughts. Stop hot or cold air entering or escaping via gaps under doors or around your windows by using gap seal tape and door snakes.
- Avoid using the clothes dryer. Instead, hang the clothes to dry outside or alternatively, use an indoor clothing rack.
- A hot water bottle can be used as a cheap replacement for an electric blanket.
- Turn appliances off at the power point when they're not in use.
- Prevent the hot sun over-heating your house by closing the blinds and curtains in the rooms where the sun shines in.
- Minimise air conditioning use by opening windows at night to let the cooler air in, and closing them each morning to keep hot air out.
- Reduce your use of lights. Use natural light more often.
- Close the doors to areas of your home that you don't use, so that you only heat or cool a smaller area.