Cheap Electricity in Brisbane
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Brisbane with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
We can help you find cheap electricity in Brisbane
Are you looking for the cheapest electricityin Brisbane ? Our comparison service will find you cheap electricity*.* Compare & Connect does not do a comparison of all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Brisbane (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to availability, area, eligibility or commercial arrangements . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect are available to all customers due to the fact that some electricity and gas special offers and plans are available only via Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For additional information about special offers available in Brisbane (or any market) via Compare & Connect's contact centre, kindly contact our customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in BrisbaneEach energy provider in Brisbane only supplies energy to some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you depends on where you live .
Switch to Get Cheaper Energy
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
So go ahead and do a comparison of electricity and gas providers and find one that will charge you less for energy
- Join thousands of families now saving
We have helped many households in Brisbane save money with cheap electricity, now it's your turn.
- We save you effort
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers prices.
- Save hours on research
10 minutes of your time might save you hundreds of dollars every year. .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers , you can either click the button below, or if you prefer to speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, you can call 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers making it easy for you to compare electricity deals that are available in Brisbane in one convenient place. We're proud of being one of Australia's premier platforms, based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
Although we have corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we are impartial when presenting you with information .
- Free Service:
Our quality comparison and connection service is free to use! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any plans we offer. Instead, we receive a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and continues to be based here, providing expert knowledge to help consumers in Brisbane save on electricity bills.
- Expert Consultants:
Our team of experts knows the Brisbane energy market back to front. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are proud members of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our voluntary decision to join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to fairness and accuracy when presenting information to you.
Effortless Switching Process Adelaide
Perhaps you are worried that changing electricity providers will be a hassle. It definitely isn't! It's really easy. We take care of it all for you! We will communicate with your current electricity provider to tell them that you are leaving, plus we also sign you up with the new provider, so your transition will be as easy and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Brisbane
Our vision is to make available all energy providers in the one place, so that our customers have a wide range of options to choose from . So far, we have successfully established relationships with following providers in Brisbane : Please note that some energy providers are available via our website interface and some are available by giving us a call.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We're constantly striving to add more and more providers to this list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some answers to questions about what happens after you have completed the comparison process and you have made the decision to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Competition and Deregulation in Brisbane
Ever since the late 1990s the Australia electricity market in has been undergoing a deregulation process. The first stage of deregulation was the establishing of an intra-state electricity network that allowed electricity that was produced in one state to be sold in another state.
The next step, which happened sooner in some states, was the dividing up of the state owned electricity monopolies into competing entities, then privatising them. In order to produce a greater degree of competition the energy market was separated into two types of entities
Distributors have the responsibility for the delivery of electricity to customers' premises , and they own and manage the poles and powerlines, and do not deal with customers.
The retailers have all the interactions with the customer. They sell the electricity and issue bills. The states have from 1 to 3 distributors but up to thirty retailers.
In July 2016 , the Brisbane electricity market was fully deregulated. This meant that consumers could, for the first time, switch to a provider who had cheaper electricity prices.
One electricity distributor supplies all of Brisbane
Energex supplies electricity to homes and businesses in an area covering around 25,000 square kilometres in South East Queensland, which stretches from the border of NSW to Gympie in the north. This covers Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Redlands and Moreton Bay.
Tips to reduce electricity usage to save money
Here is a list of easily implemented ways to reduce how much electricity you use
- Eliminate draughts. Prevent hot or cold air entering or escaping through the gaps under doors and around your windows through the use of door snakes and gap seal tape.
- Reduce usage of your clothes dryer. Instead, dry your clothes outside or alternatively, use an indoor clothing rack.
- Rather than turn on the heater, wear warmer clothing (jumper, beanie, warm socks, booties).
- Turn all your appliances off at the power point when they're not in use.
- Use a hot water bottle as a cheap alternative to an electric blanket.
- Stop the hot sun over-heating your house by closing the curtains and blinds in rooms that are exposed to the heat of direct sunlight.
- Close doors of rooms that you aren't using, so that you just heat or cool a smaller area.
- Reduce the use of air conditioning by opening your windows in the evening let the cooler air in, and then shutting them each morning to keep the hot air out.
- Reduce the use of lights. Use natural lighting where possible, and replace old lights with more efficient LED lights.