Compare Electricity Prices Sydney
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity prices available in Sydney with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Find lower electricity prices in Sydney
Use our free service to compare electricity prices from providers in Sydney and start saving on your bills*.* Compare & Connect does not compare all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Sydney (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to availability, commercial arrangements, eligibility or area . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect will be available to all customers due to the fact that some electricity and gas special offers and plans are available only through Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre . The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For additional information about special offers available in Sydney (or any market) via Compare & Connect's contact centre, kindly get in contact with our customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in SydneyEach energy provider in Sydney can only operate in some regions, and therefore, the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you depends on the location of your premises.
Save Money by Comparing Prices
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
It's time for you to compare electricity and gas providers and find yourself cheaper energy
- You can avoid all the hard work
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers prices .
- Join thousands of families now saving
We have already helped many families in Sydney save money on their electricity bills, now it's your turn.
- We can save you time on research
10 minutes of your time might save you hundreds of dollars per year. .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers , you can either click the button below, or if you prefer to speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, you can call 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers enabling you to compare electricity prices that are available in Sydney in one convenient place. We're proud of being one of Australia's premier platforms, based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
Although we have corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and we continue to be based here, providing expert advice to help consumers in Sydney save on electricity prices .
- Free Service:
Our quality comparison and connection service is free to use! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any of the plans that you will be offered. Instead, we will earn a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
- Expert Consultants:
Our team of experts knows the Sydney energy market back to front. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are a member of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our voluntary decision to join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to fairness and accuracy when presenting information to you.
Changing Providers is So Easy
Perhaps you feel like changing electricity providers will be a hassle. It's definitely not! It's really simple. We do it all for you! We'll communicate with your current electricity provider to let them know that you are leaving, plus we sign you up with your new provider, so your transition is as easy and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Sydney
Our vision is to bring a broad range of energy providers in one place, so that our customers have a wide range of options to choose from . We currently have successfully established relationships with following providers in Sydney : Please note that some energy providers are available via our website interface and some are available by using our call centre comparison service.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We are constantly striving to add more and more providers to this list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
This section contains frequently asked questions and answers about what happens after you have completed the comparison process and you have made the decision you want to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation and Competition in Sydney
Ever since the late 1990s the Australia electricity market in has been undergoing a gradual process of deregulation. The first step of deregulation was the establishing of an intra-state electricity network that allowed electricity that is produced in one state to be delivered in another state.
The next step, which occurred earlier in some states, was the dividing up of state owned electricity monopolies into competing entities, then privatising them. In order to produce a greater level of competition the market was separated into two types of entities
Distributors are responsible for the delivery of electricity to customers' premises , and they own and maintain the poles and powerlines, and do not deal with customers.
The retailers have all the interactions with the customer. They sell the electricity and are responsible for billing. States have from 1 to 3 distributors but up to thirty retailers.
The Sydney market was completely deregulated in July 2014 . This meant that customers could, for the first time, switch to another provider who had the cheapest electricity prices.
Electricity in Sydney is provided by the following three distributors
- Endeavour Energy
Tips for reducing your electricity consumption to save money
Here are a few easily implemented ways to reduce how much you spend on electricity
- Eliminate draughts. Stop cold air or hot air entering or escaping through gaps under doors and around your windows by using gap seal tape and door snakes.
- Rather than turn on the heater, wear clothing that's appropriate for cold weather (booties, beanie, warm socks, jumper).
- Reduce use of your clothes dryer. Instead, hang clothes to dry outside or alternatively, use an indoor clothing rack.
- Turn all appliances off at the power point when they're not in use.
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Prevent the sun over-heating your house by closing the blinds and curtains in rooms that are exposed to the heat of direct sunlight.
- Minimise the use of air conditioning by opening the windows during the night to let the cooler air in, and then closing them each morning to keep hot air out.
- Close the doors of rooms that you aren't using, so you only heat or cool a smaller area.
- Reduce your use of lights. Use natural lighting where possible.