Compare Electricity Prices Melbourne
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity prices available in Melbourne with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Find lower electricity prices in Melbourne
Use our free service to compare electricity prices from providers in Melbourne and start saving on your bills*.* Compare & Connect does not compare all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Melbourne (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to area, availability, eligibility or commercial arrangements . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect are available to all customers due to the fact that some electricity and gas plans and special offers are available only via Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre . The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For more information on special offers available in Melbourne (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, please contact our customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in melbourneEach energy provider in melbourne can only supply energy to some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you will vary depending on where you live .
Save Money by Comparing Prices
- We've made it simple for you
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers prices .
- Join thousands of families who are now saving
We've helped many households in melbourne save money with cheaper electricity, now it's your turn.
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
Now is the time to compare electricity and gas providers and start enjoying cheaper energy
- We save you time
10 minutes of your time could save you hundreds of dollars each year. .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers , you can either click the button below, or you can speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, by calling 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers making it possible for you to compare electricity prices that are available in melbourne in one convenient place. We pride ourselves on being one of Australia's leading platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
- Expert Consultants:
We have a team of experts who know the Melbourne energy market back to front. Therefore, you can have confidence that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
Despite having close corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
- Free Service:
Our quality comparison and connection service is free to use! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any plans we offer you. Instead, we will receive a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and continues to be based here, providing expert knowledge to help consumers in Melbourne save on electricity prices .
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
Compare & Connect are proud to be members of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our decision to voluntarily join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to fairness and accuracy when presenting information to you.
Changing is So Easy
Maybe you think that changing electricity providers will be a hassle, but it definitely isn't! It's super simple. We do it all for you! We will contact your current electricity provider to inform them you're leaving, plus we also sign you up with the new provider, so that your transition will be as smooth and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Melbourne
Our vision is to bring the full range of energy providers in one place, to give our customers a wide range of options to choose from . So far, we've established relationships with following providers in Melbourne : Please note that some of our energy providers are available via our website interface and some are available by calling us.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We're constantly working towards adding more providers to this prestigious list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about what happens after you've completed the comparison process and have made the decision to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation and Competition in Melbourne
From the late 1990s the electricity market in Australia has been undergoing a deregulation process. The first stage was to establish an intra-state electricity network which enabled electricity that was produced in one state to be sold to customers in a different state.
The next step, which happened earlier in some states than others, was the dividing up of the state owned monopolies into several competing entities, then privatising them. In order to create a greater degree of competition the energy market was separated into two levels
The distributors look after the delivery of electricity to customers' premises . They own and manage the powerlines and poles, but do not deal directly with customers.
The retailers are the ones who sell electricity to customers and are responsible for billing. Every state has between one and three distributors but up to thirty retailers.
The Melbourne market was completely deregulated in July 2008 . This meant that consumers could switch to a provider that had the cheapest electricity prices.
Electricity in Victoria is provided by five distributors
- United Energy Distribution
United Energy distributes electricity in the southern suburbs of Melbourne and in the Mornington Peninsula.
Jemena distributes electricity to the northern and south-western suburbs of Melbourne.
Citipower distributes electricity in Melbourne City and inner suburbs.
- Ausnet Services
AusNet Services provides electricity to the eastern outer & northern suburbs of Melbourne and to eastern Victoria.
- Powercor Australia
Powercor provides electricity in the western suburbs of Melbourne and western Victoria.
Tips to lower your electricity consumption and lower your bills
Here is a list of easily implemented tips to reduce your usage of electricity
- Turn off appliances at the power point when they're not in use.
- Eliminate draughts. Prevent hot or cold air getting in or out through the gaps under doors and around windows through the use of gap seal tape and door snakes.
- Avoid usage of the clothes dryer. Dry your clothes outside or use an indoor clothes rack.
- Instead of turning on the heater, wear warm clothing (jumper, warm socks, beanie, booties).
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Reduce air conditioning use by opening your windows in the evening let the cool air in, and then shutting them in the morning to keep hot air out.
- Close doors to areas of the house that you don't use, so that you only have to cool or heat a smaller space.
- Prevent the hot sun from over-heating your house by closing curtains and blinds in the rooms where the sun shines in.
- Minimise lighting. Use natural light more often, and replace older lights with LED lights.