Compare Electricity Adelaide
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Adelaide with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Save on your electricity bill* Compare & Connect does not compare all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Adelaide (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to commercial arrangements, availability, area or eligibility . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect will be available to all customers due to the fact that some electricity and gas plans and special offers are available only through Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible states, areas, and postcodes . For more information on special offers available in Adelaide (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, kindly contact Compare & Connect's customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in AdelaideEach energy provider in Adelaide only supplies energy to some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you varies depending on where you live .
Compare and Save
- Save time on research
10 minutes of your time may save you hundreds of dollars every year. .
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
It's time to compare electricity and gas providers and see if you could switch to one who will charge you less for energy
- We save you effort
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers plans .
- Join thousands of households now saving
We've helped many families in Adelaide save money with cheap electricity, now it's your turn.
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity suppliers , you can click the button below, or if you prefer to speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, you can call 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers so it's easy for you to compare electricity deals that are available in Adelaide in one convenient place. We are proud to be one of Australia's leading platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
Even though we have corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
- Expert Consultants:
Our team of experts knows the Adelaide energy market back to front. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
- Free Service:
Our quality comparison and connection service is free to use! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any plans we offer. Instead, we receive a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and continues to be based here, providing expert knowledge to help consumers in Adelaide save on electricity bills.
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are proud to be a member of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our decision to voluntarily join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to accuracy and fairness when presenting information to you.
Effortlessly Change Suppliers
You might be worried that changing electricity providers is a hassle, but it isn't! It's super simple. We take care of it all for you! We will notify your current electricity provider to tell them that you're leaving, plus we also sign you up with your new provider, so that your transition is as smooth and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Adelaide
Our vision is to make available a broad range of energy providers under a single roof, to provide our customers a wide range of options to choose from . So far, we have established relationships with following providers in Adelaide : Please note available by phoning us.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We are constantly working towards adding more providers to this prestigious list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some answers to questions about what happens once you have completed the comparison process and have decided to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation and Competition in Adelaide
Since the late 1990s the electricity market in Australia's Eastern and Southern states has been undergoing a deregulation process. The first step was to establish an intra-state electricity network that enabled electricity that was produced in one state to be delivered to customers in a different state.
The next stage, which happened sooner in some states than others, was the splitting up of state owned monopolies into several competing entities, then privatising them. In order to promote a greater degree of competition the market was separated into two levels
The distributors have the responsibility for the actual delivery of electricity to customers' premises . They own and maintain the powerlines and poles, but do not deal directly with customers.
The electricity retailers sell the electricity to the customers and are responsible for billing. Each state has between one and three distributors but up to thirty retailers.
The electricity market in Adelaide was fully deregulated in July 2013. This meant that customers could switch to the provider who offered the cheapest electricity prices.
- SA Power Networks
SA Power Networks supplies electricity throughout South Australia
Tips to lower electricity consumption and lower your bills
Here are a few easily implemented tips to reduce how much electricity you use
- Minimise draughts. Prevent hot or cold air getting in or getting out through gaps under doors and around windows by using door snakes and gap seal tape.
- Turn off all your appliances at the power point when you're not using them.
- Avoid use of the clothes dryer. Instead, dry your clothes outside or use an indoor clothes rack.
- Instead of turning on the heater, wear warmer clothing (warm socks, jumper, beanie, booties).
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Use less lighting. Use natural light more often. Turn the lights off when you leave the room.
- Stop the hot sun from over-heating your home by closing blinds and curtains in the rooms where the sun shines in.
- Use less air conditioning by opening your windows in the evening let the house cool down, and then closing them in the morning to keep the hot air out.
- Close the doors to areas of the house that you don't use, so that you just heat or cool a smaller space.