How Can I Apply for A Personal Loan?
Do you want to bring your dreams to life? A personal loan can be an efficient and safe way to buy a car, a home, or even go on that forever-planned holiday.
There are lots of ways to apply for a personal loan but it is crucial that you have a stable financial status, and you can provide the necessary paperwork when needed.
compare & connect's helpful tips will guarantee that you are on the right track when it comes to getting your next loan application approved.
Before You Apply
There are a range of eligibility criteria that you should meet when you’re looking to take out a personal loan, including:
· You must be at least 18 years of age
· You should hold an Australian citizenship or be a permanent resident
· You should be receiving a regular income
· You can show that you have a good credit rating, or you are financially responsible.
It's crucial that you do your own homework in advance and feel confident with your existing financial situation, and plans for the future.
How Can I Get Approved?
Even if you meet the eligibility criteria, there are still several extra steps you can take to ensure that your application gets over the line.
· Maintain a good credit history: pay your credit card and bills on time.
· Pay off some of your other debts: show that you're a reliable customer by paying down any other loans or credit that you may have.
· Reduce the limit on your credit card: even if you are not exceeding your limits, some institutions may see this as a form of debt.
· Save big: if you have a savings account that has regular funds coming in, it proves to your lender that you can manage money.
In addition, you should also minimise the number of times that you apply. Instead, focus on why you have been knocked back and work on maintaining a good credit history, and creating some savings.
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for a personal loan over the phone, or even visit your local bank branch for a face-to-face meeting.
You can also apply online, which allows you to take your time and save any progress as you revisit your application.
Once you have applied, the process typically takes a couple of business days. This means you can rest easy and start looking ahead towards a brighter future.
What Should I Do If I Don't Meet The Criteria?
Getting rejected should not be the end to your loan application. Instead, you should consider the amount that you have applied for, alongside your repayment potential and current earnings.
Importantly, this is an opportunity to improve your credit score by paying bills and as much debt as you can on time. Remember, a credit score is updated monthly, so there is plenty of room for improvement.
In addition, you could apply for a bad credit, or a secure loan, which is a more costly option but could be the quick fix needed in some circumstances.
Contact Us Today
Find great offers on a range of products with compare & connect's online marketplace.
Contact us today and get matched with the best loan for you.