Electricity Comparison Melbourne
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Melbourne with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Save on your electricity bill* Compare & Connect does not do a comparison of all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Melbourne (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to eligibility, commercial arrangements, availability or area . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect are available to all customers because some electricity and gas plans and special offers are available only from Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For additional information on the special offers that are available in Melbourne (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, please contact Compare & Connect's customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in melbourneEach energy provider in melbourne can only supply energy to some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you will vary depending on where you live .
Our Comparison May Save You Money
- Join thousands of households now saving
We've helped many households in melbourne save money with cheaper electricity, now it's your turn.
- We've made it simple for you
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers prices.
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
Now is the time to do a comparison of electricity and gas providers and start enjoying cheaper energy
- We save you time
10 minutes of your time could save you hundreds of dollars each year. .
Phone Comparison AvailableTo start the electricity suppliers comparison process , you can click the button below, or if you prefer to speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, you can call 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers making it possible for you to compare electricity deals that are available in melbourne in one convenient place. We are proud to be one of Australia's leading platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
- Free Service:
Our quality comparison and connection service is free to use! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any plans we offer you. Instead, we will receive a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
Despite having close corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we're impartial when presenting you with information .
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
Compare & Connect are proud to be members of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our decision to voluntarily join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to accuracy and fairness when presenting information to you.
- Expert Consultants:
We have a team of experts who know the Melbourne energy market back to front. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and continues to be based here, providing expert knowledge to help consumers in Melbourne save on electricity bills.
Changing is So Easy
Are you worried that changing electricity providers will be a hassle, but it's definitely not! It's super simple. We do it all for you! We will contact your current electricity provider and let them know you are leaving, plus we also sign you up with the new provider, so your transition will be as simple and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Melbourne
Our vision is to bring the full range of energy providers under one roof, so our customers have many options to choose from . So far, we've established relationships with following providers in Melbourne : Please note available by calling us.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We're constantly striving to add more and more providers to this prestigious list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about what happens once you have completed the comparison process and have chosen to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation in Melbourne
Ever since the late 1990s Australia's electricity market in has been undergoing a deregulation process. The first stage of deregulation involved establishing an intra-state electricity network which allowed electricity that was produced in one state to be sold in another state.
Another stage, which happened earlier in some states, was the breaking up of the state owned electricity monopolies into multiple competing entities, then privatising them. In order to stimulate a greater degree of competition the energy market was divided into two levels
Distributors look after the physical delivery of electricity to the customers' premises , and they own and manage the poles and powerlines, but do not deal directly with customers.
Retailers do all the interacting with the customer. They sell the electricity and are responsible for billing. The states have between 1 and 3 distributors but up to thirty retailers.
In July 2008 , Melbourne 's energy market was fully deregulated. This enabled consumers to switch to another provider who had cheaper electricity prices.
Electricity in Victoria is supplied by the following five distributors
Jemena distributes electricity in the south-western and northern suburbs of Melbourne.
- United Energy Distribution
United Energy distributes electricity in the southern suburbs of Melbourne and in the Mornington Peninsula.
- Powercor Australia
Powercor provides electricity in the western suburbs of Melbourne and western Victoria.
- Ausnet Services
AusNet Services distributes electricity to eastern Victoria and the eastern outer & northern suburbs of Melbourne.
Citipower distributes electricity in Melbourne City and inner suburbs.
Lower your power bills with these electricity -saving tips
Here are some easily implemented tips to reduce your usage of electricity
- Minimise usage of the clothes dryer. Dry your clothes outside or alternatively, use an indoor clothing rack.
- Minimise draughts. Prevent hot or cold air blowing in or leaving via gaps under doors and around windows through the use of door snakes and gap seal tape.
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Turn appliances off at the power socket when they're not in use.
- Instead of turning on the heater, wear clothing that's appropriate for cold weather (jumper, beanie, booties, warm socks).
- Close doors of rooms that you don't use, so that you only have to cool or heat a smaller area.
- Reduce air conditioning use by opening windows in the evening let the cool air in, then shutting them in the morning to keep hot air out.
- Prevent the hot sun over-heating rooms by closing the curtains and blinds in rooms where the sun shines in.
- Reduce the use of lights. Rely on natural light if possible.