Electricity Comparison Brisbane
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Brisbane with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Save on your electricity bill* Compare & Connect does not do a comparison of all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Brisbane (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to eligibility, availability, commercial arrangements or area . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect are available to all customers because some electricity and gas plans and special offers are available only from Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible areas, postcodes and states. For additional information on the special offers that are available in Brisbane (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, kindly contact our customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Suppliers Compared in BrisbaneEach energy provider in Brisbane is only able to sell energy in some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you depends on the location of your premises.
Our Comparison May Save You Money
- Join thousands of households now saving
We have already helped many families in Brisbane save money on their electricity, now it's your turn.
- We can save you time on research
10 minutes of your time might save you hundreds of dollars every year. .
- Save yourself the effort
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each suppliers prices.
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
So go ahead and do a comparison of electricity and gas providers and find one that will charge you less for energy
Phone Comparison AvailableTo start the electricity suppliers comparison process , you can click the button below, or if you prefer to speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, you can call 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers making it easy for you to compare electricity deals that are available in Brisbane in one convenient place. We are proud to be one of Australia's leading platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are proud members of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our decision to voluntarily join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to accuracy and fairness when presenting information to you.
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and we continue to be based here, providing expert advice to help consumers in Brisbane save on electricity bills.
- Free Service:
Our quality comparison and connection service is free to use! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any of the plans that we offer. Instead, we get a commission from our electricity partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
Although we have corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we are impartial when presenting you with information .
- Expert Consultants:
Our team of experts knows the Brisbane energy market back to front. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
Effortless Switching Process Adelaide
Some people think that changing electricity providers will be a hassle, but it's definitely not! It's really easy. We take care of it all for you! We'll communicate with your current electricity provider and tell them that you are leaving, plus we also sign you up with the new provider, so your transition will be as simple and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Brisbane
Our vision is to make available all energy providers under a single roof, so our customers have many options to choose from . To date we've established relationships with following providers in Brisbane : Please note available by using our call centre comparison service.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We're constantly striving to add more and more providers to this prestigious list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some questions and answers about what happens once you have completed the comparison process and you have made the decision to change electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation in Brisbane
Ever since the late 1990s Australia's electricity market in has been undergoing a deregulation process. The first stage of deregulation involved establishing an intra-state electricity network which allowed electricity that is generated in one state to be sold in another state.
Another stage, which happened sooner in some states, was the breaking up of the state owned electricity monopolies into multiple competing entities, then privatising them. In order to stimulate better competition the energy market was divided into two levels
Distributors have the responsibility for the physical delivery of electricity to the customers' premises , and they own and manage the poles and powerlines, but do not deal directly with customers.
Retailers have all the interactions with the customer. They sell the electricity and issue bills. The states have between 1 and 3 distributors but up to thirty retailers.
The electricity market in Brisbane was fully deregulated in July 2016 . This enabled consumers to switch to another provider that had cheaper prices.
Electricity in Brisbane is supplied by one distributors
The Energex network supplies electricity to homes and businesses in a region covering around 25,000 square kilometres in South East Queensland, stretching from the border of NSW in the south to Gympie in the north. This covers the major population areas of the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Ipswich, Brisbane, Redlands, Logan and Moreton Bay.
Lower your power bills with these electricity -saving tips
Here are some easily implemented tips to reduce your expenditure on electricity
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Instead of turning on the heater, wear clothing that's appropriate for cold weather (beanie, jumper, booties, warm socks).
- Minimise usage of the clothes dryer. Dry clothes outside or alternatively, use an indoor clothing rack.
- Eliminate draughts. Minimise hot or cold air blowing in or leaving via gaps under doors and around windows through the use of door snakes and gap seal tape.
- Turn all your appliances off at the power socket when they're not in use.
- Close doors of rooms that you don't use, so you only have to cool or heat a smaller area.
- Reduce the use of lights. Rely on natural light if possible.
- Minimise the use of air conditioning by opening your windows at night-time to allow the cooler air in, then shutting them in the morning to keep hot air out.
- Stop the hot sun over-heating rooms by closing the curtains and blinds in rooms where the sun shines in.