Compare Electricity Providers Brisbane
Save time and effort by comparing a range of electricity plans available in Brisbane with Compare & Connect*
- We can save you hours on research
- No additional costs to you
Find electricity providers in Brisbane with lower prices
If you to saving time and money, use our free service to compare electricity providers in Brisbane , and find out if any are cheaper than your current electricity provider*.* Compare & Connect does not compare all electricity and gas providers or plans available in Brisbane (or any market) . The availability of plans are subject to change from time to time. Not all plans that are made available from Compare & Connect providers are compared by Compare & Connect due to commercial arrangements, area, eligibility or availability . We have commercial relationships with all of the suppliers whose products we compare, and the platform is owned by Origin Energy Limited. However, when we provide you with results, they are ranked only based on the price (low to high).
* Not all electricity and gas plans compared by Compare & Connect will be available to all customers because some electricity and gas special offers and plans are available only via Compare & Connect’s website or contact centre. The electricity and gas plans available are only for properties that are located in eligible postcodes, states, and areas . For more information on special offers available in Brisbane (or any market) through Compare & Connect's contact centre, kindly get in contact with Compare & Connect's customer service team. More information about how our service works, our market coverage and our commercial relationships is available at this link.
Compare & Connect electricity and gas
Electricity and Gas Providers Compared in BrisbaneEach energy provider in Brisbane is only able to sell energy in some regions, therefore , the number of electricity providers that our electricity comparison service compares for you depends on where you live .
Save Money by Comparing Providers
- Save hours on research
10 minutes of your time might save you hundreds of dollars every year. .
- Save yourself the effort
Our electricity industry experts have done the complicated work of collecting and comparing each providers plans .
- Join thousands of families and start saving
We have helped many households in Brisbane save money on their electricity, now it's your turn.
- Electricity and gas prices have been rising
So go ahead and compare electricity and gas providers and find one that will charge you less for energy
Phone Comparison AvailableTo compare electricity providers , you can click the button below, or you can speak with one of our Australian-based Energy experts, by calling 1300685001
Compare Electricity and Gas Plans with Us
Compare & Connect has teamed up with some of Australia’s leading electricity providers making it easy for you to compare electricity deals that are available in Brisbane in one convenient place. We're proud of being one of Australia's leading platforms , based on number of services processed, for utility and energy comparison and connection.
- Transparent and Trustworthy:
We are proud members of the Energy Comparator Code of Conduct (ECCC). Our decision to voluntarily join this code of conduct demonstrates our dedication to presenting information to you with accuracy and fairness.
- Expert Consultants:
Our team of experts knows the Brisbane market inside out. So, you can rest assured that you've come to the right place to find the energy plans and prices suited for your household’s needs.
Although we have corporate relationships with many of Australia's top electricity providers and are owned by Origin Energy Limited, we are impartial when presenting you with information .
- Australian Based:
Our business began in Australia and continues to be based here, providing expert knowledge to help consumers in Brisbane save on electricity bills.
- Free Service:
Use our quality comparison and connection service for free! No catch. We don't mark up the prices on any of the plans that we offer. Instead, we get a commission from our electricity provider partners, at no extra cost to you. While our service is provided to you without charge, you may be subject to charges in relation to your current service, including exit fees. You should check this with your current supplier(s).
Effortless Switching Process Adelaide
You might feel like changing electricity providers will be a hassle. It's not! It's really easy. We take care of it all for you! We will communicate with your current electricity provider to let them know that you're leaving, plus we also sign you up with the new provider, so that your transition is as easy and seamless as possible .
It’s so easy! you can do it.
List of our active electricity providers in Brisbane
Our vision is to make available all energy providers under the one roof, to provide our customers a wide range of options to choose from . To date we've successfully established relationships with these providers in Brisbane : Please note available by giving us a call.
|Available via Website
|Available via Call Centre
|Dodo Power and Gas
We are constantly working towards adding more and more providers to this list. We are very proud of our partnerships.*Compare & Connect does not compare all plans in the market.
FAQ about switching electricity providers
Here are some questions and answers about what happens once you've completed the comparison process and decided you want to switch electricity providers.
Electricity Market Deregulation and Competition in Brisbane
Since the late 1990s the electricity market in Australia's Eastern and Southern states has been undergoing a gradual process of deregulation. The first step was the establishing of an intra-state electricity network that enabled electricity that is produced in one state to be delivered to customers in another state.
The next stage, which occurred earlier in some states than others, was the splitting up of state owned monopolies into competing entities, then privatising them. In order to promote a greater level of competition the market was divided into two types of entities
The distributors are responsible for the actual delivery of electricity to customers' premises , and they own and maintain the powerlines and poles, and do not deal with customers.
The electricity retailers are the ones who sell the electricity to the customers and manage the billing. Each state has from 1 to 3 distributors but up to thirty retailers.
In July 2016 , Brisbane 's energy market was fully deregulated. This meant that, for the first time, customers could switch to a provider that offered the cheapest electricity prices.
There is only one distributor supplying electricity to Brisbane
Energex distributes electricity in an area covering around 25,000 square kilometres in South East Queensland, which stretches from the NSW border to Gympie in the north. Including the major population areas of Brisbane, the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Ipswich, Redlands, Logan and Moreton Bay.
Tips to lower your electricity consumption to save money
Here is a list of easy to implement ways to reduce your expenditure on electricity
- A cheap alternative to an electric blanket is a hot water bottle.
- Turn off all appliances at the power point when you're not using them.
- Eliminate draughts. Stop cold air or hot air getting in or getting out through the gaps under doors or around your windows by using door snakes and gap seal tape.
- Rather than turn on the heater, dress for cold weather (warm socks, booties, beanie, jumper).
- Avoid usage of your clothes dryer. Instead, hang clothes to dry outside or use an indoor clothes rack.
- Use less lighting. Use natural lighting where possible, and replace older lighting with LED lights.
- Reduce the use of air conditioning by opening the windows at night-time to let the house cool down, then closing them each morning to keep hot air out.
- Close the doors to rooms that you aren't using, so you only heat or cool a smaller space.
- Prevent the sun from over-heating your home by closing blinds and curtains in rooms into which the hot sun directly shines in.